CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY
The Church of the Holy Trinity was erected for the Clarisse in 1519 in Renaissance style and consecrated on 26th December three years after.
Garlands, festoons of flowers and fruit, draping, two small angel's heads, spirals, all of stone, award a characteristic element to the facade that is difficult to come by in other churches of Trentino. This pleasant Renaissance and baroque alliance is completed by the archevaulted niches containing the Holy Trinity statues. Inside, there is a single room with a crossvault, three spans and two lateral chapels decorated with stuccoes. The altar piece of the high altar in the niche (saints, Madonna and Child and the Holy Trinity) is by Martin Teofilo Polacco. The two eighteenth century lateral altars are the work of Andrea Filippini and, until 1963, were found in Trento's Cathedral.
The church is historically important because it was from here that the procession for the opening of the Oecumenical Council of Trent on 13th December 1545 began.
+39 0461 982232